Sep 24, 2019
[00:43] Please introduce yourself and your
- I am based in Jacksonville, Florida and the owner of Digital
- We help companies with their web and marketing problems.
- About ten years ago, I started working with a 3PL in
Jacksonville. When my boss found out I was blogging on the side, he
asked me to start doing it for the company too.
- I eventually got my own radio show. A lot of people make that
natural evolution from content writing into radio.
[07:18] Tell us a little bit about inbound lead
- They key differentiator of inbound is that you’re creating
content with your audience in mind first.
- A lot of what you see on the internet and in this industry is
very self-promotional. People aren’t searching for that. They’re
searching for solutions to their problem.
- Inbound is trying to introduce yourself and establish trust
with the customer so that you can be the solution when they’re
ready to buy.
[10:51] Contrast inbound with outbound.
- Outbound is like interrupting someone’s personal space.
- We have all gotten emails that we know have been sent out to
thousands of people. It’s not personalized at all.
- There are ways to make a cold outreach feel more personal, but
it takes more time and that’s where a lot of companies
[15:34] Tell us about some new ways
that we can use to get inbound leads.
- Video and podcasting, but they are also the most
- Often, people hate seeing themselves on video or hearing their
own voice. They let their fear paralyze them when it comes to
sharing their expertise.
- As long as you’re sharing valuable content, you’re heading in
the right direction.
[18:43] You have to get past fears if you want to be
found as an expert online.
- Especially people who are first starting out. You’re not going
to be an expert right away. Your first show will probably
- You’re never going to get better if you don’t do it again and
again and again.
- Keep thinking about it as having a conversation, and the
intimidation factor will lessen a little bit.
[23:07] Tell us about what a podcast should focus
- I think having a good balance of different categories you’re
going to cover is key to any content plan.
- There are different ways to approach your planning, and it
doesn’t have to revolve around one specific type of content.
However, I do think it needs to start with SEO.
- A lot of people get stuck on just one particular type and roll
with it. It gets boring after a while, and it shows in your work if
you lose that passion.
[28:38] Even for business podcasts, the personality
needs to come out. There needs to be some context and
- Competitors may read a press release, but no one else will go
to a website just to read a press release.
- Video is great, but podcasting is the least intrusive. It
doesn’t interrupt the audience, because they can go about their day
with a podcast on in the background.
[30:49] Please summarize this topic for us.
- At Digital Dispatch, we focus on everything from cost effective
solutions to completely custom web and marketing services.
- I love focusing on logistics because there are variety of
different companies at a variety of different levels.
- It starts with a conversation. If the content is there for your
audience, people will consume it.
Blythe Brumleve LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/blythebrum/
Digital Dispatch: https://digitaldispatch.io/