Apr 22, 2022
The Looming Supply Chain Threat with Felix
Asare and Joe Lynch discuss
the looming supply chain threat. Felix is a cyber-security
consultant and Founder of Premier Choice Consulting.
- Felix Asare is
a cyber-security consultant and Founder of Premier Choice
- In the podcast interview, Felix
explains why cyber-hacking and cyber-terrorism is a looming supply
- According to USA federal government
and cyber-security experts, there is an increase in cyber-hacking
- Hackers are becoming increasingly
sophisticated and they are often backed by a government.
- According to Felix, we are at risk
for a security breech when a hacker has 1.) hostile intent 2.)
capability and 3.) opportunity.
- While we can’t influence a hacker’s
hostile intentions or their capabilities, we can limit their
opportunity to hack us or our company.
- Hackers often attack personal
accounts or personal electronics to gain access to unprotected
phones, tablets, or computers.
- Hackers also attack smaller
companies who work with larger companies. Smaller companies are
less likely to invest in good cyber-security.
- According to Felix, hackers may
infiltrate a server and wait for years until the right opportunity
- Felix described the “CIA Triad”
which stands for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability – the
thing that hackers attack.
- Companies should get an annual
Security Assessment that provides a security posture – including
strengths, weaknesses, risks, and potential impacts. Understand
where your companies “crown jewels” are and make sure they are
- When companies get a security
assessment, they get a “Capability Maturity Level” which is a
number between 1 and 5, with 5 being the best.
- The financial and reputational risk
of a hack is enormous and companies can greatly reduce their risk
by using cyber-security best practices.
Learn More About The Looming Supply Chain
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review,
subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast
out The Logistics of Logistics on Youtube