Jun 14, 2018
Download the audio file
Joe is joined by Ann Holm, who Joe first met as his
Executive Coach many years ago. Since then, she began to
collaborate with him on many different projects. She has a
Bachelor’s in Psychology, Speech, and Hearing as well as a Master’s
of Science in Speech, Language, and Pathology, both from the
University of Michigan. She provides insight on the importance of
sales personalities and how to communicate with the different
Podcast Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Joe introduces Ann Holm to the show
- 01:28 – Ann tells us how she got into coaching.
- How she transitioned out of the medical field and got further
- 03:03 – Sales personality types and why they matter.
- Problems with current training methods.
- How some solutions seem to work in the short-term but won’t in
- 05:59 – How to determine somebody’s sales personality.
- Learning your own strengths and weaknesses through a test.
- Using Joe’s personality type as an example.
- Joe discusses what he learned from taking the test.
- Reframing an issue to motivate different personalities.
- 11:42 – The idea of partnering with different personality
- Partnering with someone who is strong in one of your weak
- Improvement of communication when each person’s sales
personality is known.
- 13:26 – Reading another person’s sales personality.
- Changing conversation flow depending on sales personality.
- Personal experience from Joe of not being able to communicate
because he couldn’t read an employee’s sales personality.
- Advice that Ann gave Joe after assessing his problem of needing
to make more phone calls.
- Playing to your own strengths.
- 19:47 – Ann’s assessment process.
- Having a free consultation and taking the personality
- Looking at yourself in a way that you have never looked at
- 23:58 – Ann’s closing summary about sales personality.
- For more details, check us out at thelogisticsoflogisticscom
or follow Joe on LinkedIn
- Knowing the sales personalities of your team is
- Communication needs to be adjusted between different