Jul 17, 2020
Frictionless Logistics: It’s the Collaboration,
Stupid with Ketan Karkhanis
Karkhanis and Joe Lynch discuss
logistics collaboration and the friction that limits productivity
for shippers, 3PLs, brokers, and trucking companies.
About Ketan Karkhanis
Karkhanis is the Chief Product Officer at Turvo, the first
real-time collaborative logistics platform that uses artificial
intelligence to perfect the science of movement. Prior to joining
Turvo, Ketan worked at Salesforce for ten years where he held a
series of senior management positions. While at Salesforce, Ketan
led the development and launch of analytics and cloud products.
Before joining Salesforce, Ketan spent nine years at Cisco in
various roles including IT, product management, and consulting.
Ketan holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Pune Institute of
Computer Technology (India) and an MBA from Leavey School of
Business at Santa Clara University.
Turvo is the world’s first multi-enterprise collaborative
platform specifically designed for the global supply chain. The
Turvo platform connects people and organizations across the supply
chain, allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to
digitally transform their workflows with cloud-based software and
mobile applications. The technology unifies all systems, internal
and external, providing one end-to-end system of record set for all
operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks
and automating business processes. Turvo is based in the San
Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad,
Key Takeaways - Frictionless Logistics: It’s the
- Ketan and the Turvo team have taken a fresh look at the way
freight moves and the people involved in each shipment. Some
- Logistics is a team sport and the team can't function at a high
level without collaboration. Many existing TMS are built with a
system view, not a customer view. The system view created point
solutions and the need for time-consuming, costly system
- Technology stacks, legacy systems and a focus on individual
silos result in a poor customer experience
- The goal of collaboration should be connecting people and
systems to move things effectively and efficiently.
- Turvo has designed their platform to enable shippers, carriers,
3PL, and any other stakeholders to collaborate around one true
- Turvo's goal is to create one seamless experience that includes
visibility, collaboration, and execution all in one place. The
experience is elegant, intuitive, and in-context to the work that
needs to be done.
- Frictionless logistics means doing the basics incredibly well.
To reduce the friction and hassle, Turvo puts the visibility,
collaboration, and execution all in one place
- Turvo's goal is to create an elevated customer experience that
includes these key functions in one place:
- System of records (one truth of the transaction)
- Systems of engagement (communication and collaboration)
- System of intelligence (AI, analytics, etc.)
Partners with Ryder for Real-Time Visibility and Collaboration to
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review,
subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast