May 26, 2021
Buying Better and Reducing Risk with Scott
Evans and Joe Lynch discuss
buying better and reducing risk. Scott is the Co-founder and
President of Waybridge.
Waybridge makes a tech platform that unlocks opportunities to make
the raw materials supply chain more efficient, more resilient, and
About Scott Evans
Evans is the Co-founder and President of Waybridge, Scott understands
first-hand the frustrations and complexities of the physical
commodities market from 20+ years of industry experience. After
starting in the metals industry at Gerald Metals, Scott went on to
run the aluminum desk at Mitsubishi Corporation, start the physical
non-ferrous metals trading business at Goldman Sachs, and was a
co-founder of Concord Resources Limited. Scott has worked
closely with raw material producers and industrial consumers in the
US and abroad to optimize their supply chains and provide
comprehensive working capital and risk management solutions.
Scott graduated from Swarthmore with a degree in Economics
and has a master’s degree from Harvard.
Waybridge creates tools
that connect and optimize the entire global raw materials supply
chain. Companies use Waybridge to buy, sell, transport and finance
without the friction. Waybridge blends the expertise and vision of
founders Brian O'Kelley, Scott Evans, Andrea Aranguren, and Andrew
Sweeney to create an innovative platform that makes the exchange of
raw materials smarter, faster, and better.
Key Takeaways: Buying Better and Reducing Risk with
- Supply chains usually begin with procuring raw materials or
commodities, typically agricultural, metals, or energy.
- The quality of a given commodity may differ slightly, but it is
essentially uniform across producers. A barrel of oil is basically
the same product, regardless of the producer.
- Because commodities are fungible, commodities exchanges evolved
that provide a centralized marketplace where commodity
producers—the commercials—can sell their commodities to those who
want to use them for manufacturing or consumption.
- The founders of Waybridge recognized that the commodity buying
process, for all its importance, is often difficult and
inefficient. The technology and visibility platforms used to
streamline the rest of the supply chain are not available to
- Waybridge offers a suite of digital tools targeting the
fundamental inefficiencies in the raw materials supply chain. The
company's platform makes supply chains more resilient, more
sustainable, more collaborative, and more effective.
- Commodity buyers using the Waybridge digital tools gain the
- A technology platform that connects all the players and
streamlines the process.
- A better way for trading and transporting commodities.
- Risk reduction and increased efficiency through data science
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure performance.
- Visibility tools to track the commodity from end to end.
- Tools for improving resilience and sustainability.
About Buying Better and Reducing
Supply Chains in VUCA Environments with Jim Tompkins
Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review,
subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast
out The Logistics of Logistics on Youtube