Jun 20, 2020
Building a Foundation for Sales Growth with Mike
Temple and Joe Lynch discuss
building a foundation for sales growth. Logistics company owners
often engage with Mike to help them build a foundation that will
jumpstart growth and position the company for long-term
About Mike Temple
Temple is the founder of Temple Executive Coaching. Mike has
worked with small to medium-size business owners in the logistics
and franchise industries for 10+ years. As a past business owner
himself, he has honed a unique skill in the art of helping business
leaders craft their true vision. With this background, deep
industry knowledge, and vast experience, Mike works with business
owners and CEOs as a leadership and strategy adviser.
About Temple Executive Coaching
Coaching works with business owners, CEOs, and executive
leaders on leadership, strategy, and culture. After the engagement
is complete, clients typically benefit in the following ways 1)
Being grounded in and focused on what matters most 2) Having a
leadership model where the entire organization is aligned and
accountable 3) Resolving issues of personal conflict with the
organization's values, vision, and priorities 4) Knowing what the
most important things are for success and customer satisfaction.
Prior to founding Temple Executive Coaching, Mike held leadership
positions in the logistics, financial, and franchise industries.
Mike earned a BA in Business Administration from Utah State
Key Takeaways - Building a Foundation for Sales
- In the interview, Mike describes a typical lifecycle for a
- During the startup phase, the founder(s) and their team
experience a wild ride where everything is new, sales is king and
there are few rules or processes. For a small team, communication
and management are easy.
- As the company grows, problems arise because the company lacks
a solid foundation for growth. Typical challenges include a lack of
financial controls, HR issues, recruiting & training problems,
and leadership gaps.
- These growing pains frustrate and exhaust the owner because the
strategies that worked well in the beginning, aren’t working
- Founders and their leadership teams often engage with coaches
like Mike to help them build a foundation that will jumpstart
growth and position the company for long-term success.
- The building blocks of the foundation include the following:
- Vision and mission
- Roles and responsibilities (organization charts with job
- Executive leadership to head up sales and marketing,
operations, and finance. To be successful, each area needs a point
person who will be fully accountable for the department.
- Processes and systems
Learn More About Building A Foundation for Sales
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review,
subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn,